Roll back the years with micro-needling collagen induction therapy.
Micro-needling is your go to treatment for instantly firmer, smoother skin. By opening thousands of tiny micro-channels and stimulating they deeper layers of your skin, micro-needling promotes collagen production and all over rejuvenation. Not only will this leave your skin glowing, it can also reduce scarring, blackheads, open pores, fine lines, hyper-pigmentation, improve skin texture, smooth wrinkles and fine lines while softening scars. Due to the speed of the device, treatments are fast, comfortable and able to target large or multiple areas at once.
This unique process combines micro-needling with the introduction of various vitamins and complex ingredients to the dermis via serums.
The main benefits of skin needling:
• Stimulation of collagen
• Increased cell proliferation and cell regeneration
• Formation and development of capillaries
• Exfoliation / desquamation
• Increased topical product absorption
• Regulated pigmentation
• Reduced appearance of rosacea
• Reduced size of the app of pores
• Reduced appearance of stretch marks
Frequently Asked Questions
How many treatments will I need?
• Minimum of 3 for rejuvenation. Scarring will require at least 5-6 treatments.
How long do I have to wait between treatment?
• Body 8 weeks
• Acne Scarring 4 weeks
• Face rejuvenation 4-6 weeks
When will I see results?
• The first week after the treatment you may get some peeling which helps lighten pigmentation or scarring and the skin will feel more hydrated. Most clients report a gradual improvement in their skin colour and texture over a 6-8 week period.
• Improvement is compounded as each consecutive treatment is done.
When is skin needling not suitable?
• Within 2 weeks of fillers/ Botox
• Over raised moles, warts or lesions
• Some medications
• Active herpes or acne
Do I need to prep my skin prior to my treatment?
• Yes, we recommend you prep your skin for 2 weeks with Skinstitut Cosmedical skincare to maximise the benefits at each treatment. These include Glycolic Cleanser 12%, L-Lactic Cleanser or Glycolic Scrub 14%, Even Blend Serum, Vitamin C100%, and Retinol or Rejuvenate 15 and Age Defence SPF 50+
What do I need to do to my skin post treatment?
• No actives for 3 days after treatment (Glycolic Cleanser 12%/ L-Lactic Cleanser or Glycolic Scrub 14%, Even Blend Serum, Vitamin C100%, and Retinol). You can introduce Enzymatic Micro Peel 3 days post treatment.
What are the side effects of micro-needling?
• Side effects are minimal, including mild swelling, mild bruising and peeling.
What is the down time?
• The inflammatory reaction of the skin is short and fades within 12-24 hours on average.